Daily Talk Forum

Full Version: Moussaoui had no part in US attacks, says bin Laden!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: news2uk.jpg]

Osama bin Laden taunted America in an audio recording released last night, insisting that Zacarias Moussaoui had "no connection" with the September 11 attacks.

The al-Qa'eda leader also sought to claim credit for selecting the suicide hijackers.

While there was no immediate verification of its authenticity, the recording was released on a website used by al-Qa'eda propagandists.

Moussaoui is the only person convicted in America in connection with the attacks. He was sentenced to life in prison for conspiracy after failing to share knowledge of the plot when arrested.

But bin Laden said: "The truth is that he has no connection whatsoever with the events of September 11. I am certain of what I say because I was responsible for entrusting the 19 brothers. . . with the raids."

Transcripts from CIA interrogations of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the Kuwaiti accused of masterminding the attacks, were introduced as evidence in Moussaoui's trial.

They portrayed Moussaoui as a bumbling figure within the organisation, while bin Laden was said to have caused Mohammed difficulties by selecting hijackers who could not speak English.
Reference URL's