Daily Talk Forum
Georgian journalists - Printable Version

+- Daily Talk Forum (http://www.dailytalkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (/forum-general-discussions)
+--- Forum: Current Affairs, News and Politics (/forum-current-affairs-news-and-politics)
+--- Thread: Georgian journalists (/thread-georgian-journalists)

Georgian journalists - MikaDavid - 07-27-2010 02:10 PM

You have no idea what kinds of sheet (sorry, but in the literal sense of the word) Georgian journalists have to put up with. Sometimes I feel deeply ashamed of being journalist, and there is no matter that to become a journalist was my school dream. In 2004 I graduated from Tbilisi State University, its faculty of Journalism. Now I’m a journalist, working for little Georgian newspaper. But that’s not the work I dreamed about. Almost 6 years already my every day starts with lie and ends with it. This Monday I’ve received new task from the chief editor of my newspaper – to prepare a kind of material discounting Olympic preparations in the city of Russian Sochi. You know, generally speaking, anti-Russian subject area now seems to be a kind of a golden subject for our editor (don’t be surprised, our newspaper is under total control of our government, so sponsored articles are usual practice here). You see, the campaign discounting Russian Sochi is just one of the latest inventions of our authorities. In fact, as far as I know, under private auspice of the Georgian Interior Minister Vano Merabishvili a certain special inter-agency group has been formed here, in Georgia, with its main goal to “neutralize Russian influence within the occupied Georgian territories” by provoking destabilizing moods in the Northern Caucasus and within the bounds of that ‘operation’, they’re going to splash with mud the work Russians did in Sochi. Also, I’ve heard that they’re going to enlist all the Georgian Mass Medias, and even some of the Russian politicians, liberal politicians. Yesterday, I spent the whole day thinking about: what should I write about, what can I fabricate on the issue? But this morning I understood that it’s a high time to stop it all, stop my lying! As all that lying really makes me sick… Today I missed my work. Moreover, tomorrow I’m going to put in an application for my resignation. I guess, you have wonder why do I post all that here. May be, simply, because it will make me feel better…