Daily Talk Forum
Baby Mauled To Death By Dogs - Printable Version

+- Daily Talk Forum (http://www.dailytalkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (/forum-general-discussions)
+--- Forum: Current Affairs, News and Politics (/forum-current-affairs-news-and-politics)
+--- Thread: Baby Mauled To Death By Dogs (/thread-baby-mauled-to-death-by-dogs)

Pages: 1 2 3

Baby Mauled To Death By Dogs - forwardone - 09-25-2006 10:41 AM

BABY MAULED TO DEATH BY DEVIL DOGS
Cops seize beasts from pub
By Victoria Thake

A BABY girl has died after being mauled by two Rottweilers.

The five-month-old tot, believed to be Caydee-Lee Glaze, suffered horrific facial injuries after being savaged by the dogs at a pub.

It is believed they dragged her on to a flat roof from the living quarters.

Shocked eyewitnesses called police and paramedics after seeing the attack from the street below.

Caydee-Lee was rushed to hospital but medics were unable to save her.

It's understood the young victim was living at the pub with mum Amy and dad Lee, whose parents Wayne and Lesley Glaze are the landlords.

Mr and Mrs Glaze are thought to be away on holiday and left The Rocket bar in the New Parks area of Leicester in their son's hands.

The Rottweilers, said to be guard dogs belonging to the Glazes, were seized by police and could now be destroyed.

Yesterday, flowers and teddy bears have been left in the doorway of the pub, which was closed.

A spokesman for Leicestershire Police, who were alerted at about 4pm on Saturday, said: "Police and ambulance personnel were called to the scene at living premises at The Rocket public house. The five-month-old girl was rushed to Leicester Royal Infirmary but tragically died of her injuries.

"The dogs were removed by police. Officers are investigating circumstances surrounding the incident."

Nearby residents were horrified at the attack by the Rottweilers, which became known as "devil dogs" after a series of savage attacks in the 1980s.

One neighbour said it was so vicious the baby's features were destroyed.

She claimed: "The dogs went for the face, completely ripped her apart. It doesn't bear thinking about.

"If it was my baby, I'd want the animals destroyed. In fact, I'd want to do it myself." Another woman, Amy Grimbley, claimed the dogs were aggressive and feared by many locals.

She alleged: "They are known to be vicious. They stay on the roof during the day and, whenever you walk past, you get the feeling they could just jump down and attack you.

"They are very aggressive. Everybody around here is petrified of them."

Miss Grimbley said the pub was family orientated and regularly held discos.

She claimed: "The dogs were never allowed in the pub - they were kept upstairs in the living quarters.

"There's a school opposite the pub, for both infants and juniors, and nobody is really happy walking their kids past the pub after school.

"I've got a three-year-old and I don't feel safe walking past them. Most adults are terrified, never mind kids."

Miss Grimbley's father, James, added: "Our hearts go out to the parents of that poor baby. Everybody is just so shocked at what has happened. Everyone is talking about it and no one can believe it.

"We know guard dogs are needed these days because pubs get raided but you have got to be careful if they have been brought up as security dogs rather than family pets."

The police spokesman confirmed the force would be seeking a destruction order for the animals.

Daily Record

- Khan - 09-25-2006 10:54 AM

This is one sad incident.This is the reason I Dont like Dogs. I am afraid of dogs coz they can hurt/attack anytime.

- los - 09-26-2006 01:51 AM

Its not the dogs fault Khan it is the way thy have been trained. Guard dogs are generally underfed to keep them more agressive amongst other "tricks of the trade"
Any dog can be made viscious if it has been brutalised by man, but generally these sort of attacks come from people keeping the wrong sort of dog in the wrong enviroment . why would you want to have dogs that are capable of such attacks around children? People do it for protection and sadly some kid usually pays the price.

When my eldest son was in hospital some years ago there was a young girl who had been mauled by a rottweiler. She befriended us as we were both in he Royal childrens for some time and later we went to visit here when she went home.

We went for a walk and suddenly this girl was jumping on me climbing me like i was a ladder, as high as she could screaming and crying all in one. Then i saw the dog some 200-300 metres away , a dog similar to the one that attacked her and put 500 stitches in her tiny frame. The dog was fine on a leash but that fear will live with that girl all of her life.

Society needs protection from people who breed dogs for such purposes, in this day and age we don't need canine protectors, what with all the wonderful electronic devices availible, why would any one need a dog breed for killing humans in a society full of humans?

- Khan - 09-26-2006 02:59 AM

Whatever! Dog is a dangerous animal , I will never ever keep a dog.
I even get scared of a little puppy :roll: