Daily Talk Forum
Not Smoking & Drinking - Printable Version

+- Daily Talk Forum (http://www.dailytalkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (/forum-general-discussions)
+--- Forum: Health and Fitness (/forum-health-and-fitness)
+--- Thread: Not Smoking & Drinking (/thread-not-smoking-drinking)

Not Smoking & Drinking - TS247 - 09-10-2006 12:45 PM

If your like most people that cant give up smoking my simple solution was finding a partner that doesnt smoke, having a Thai wife can do wonders, most thai woman from good families well meaning not ladies from bars dont smoke, infact Thailand are very well educated when it comes to not smoking, not to mention i also havnt had a decent drink in a long time almost 1 year, but to many peoples surprise many foreigners come to live in Thailand to start or are in search of some kind of spiritial well being, to get away from there sence of crazy feeling of a western society that is known for parties on weekends and drinking after working hours and looked at as an alien if not participating with a beer in your hand after work.

Does anyone agree that there health may of improved being in an asian society such as Thailand?

- forwardone - 09-10-2006 03:19 PM

I certainly agree with not smoking, and only drinking in moderation.

On a recent visit to Ireland it was great to be able to go into bars and restaurants and not having others smoking around us. Fines are imposed for anyone breaking the law, and that applies to customers, as well as the manager for allowing it inside his premises. A great step forward in my view which should be adopted everywhere. Big Grin

RE: Not Smoking & Drinking - jimjim1968 - 06-27-2007 02:04 AM

Yes I definitely agree.

I found that Thia people put everything into "good" or "not good" or black and white as I prefer.

Since coming here from England 5 years ago I have found this very useful where everything back home seemed "grey" as more difficult to differentiate.

Being advised on the amount of coffee I should drink, not getting wet in the rain, drinking warm water are all things I never heard back home.

I think also it is because I am getting older (late 30's) but I am becoming far more keenly aware of my health and actually changed my ways quite dramatically. To support this my girlfriend told me that "when a man changes himself, it is a sign he wants to marry."

Maybe...

Good post, thanks