Daily Talk Forum
Are Thai girls cuter than farang girls? - Printable Version

+- Daily Talk Forum (http://www.dailytalkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (/forum-general-discussions)
+--- Forum: Current Affairs, News and Politics (/forum-current-affairs-news-and-politics)
+--- Thread: Are Thai girls cuter than farang girls? (/thread-are-thai-girls-cuter-than-farang-girls)

Pages: 1 2 3

Are Thai girls cuter than farang girls? - Coffee Break - 01-02-2008 03:28 AM

[Image: missthailand.jpg][Image: fatlady.jpg]

Quote:Why are Thai girls cuter than farang girls?

I got the train to London yesterday and noticed some Asian girls on the platform. Pretty as a picture they were. Smartly dressed and wrapped up against the cold. Seeing them warmed my morning before my long day of work.

But it made me ask myself. Why do I find Thai and Asian girls much cuter than farang girls? I can’t be the only farang man who feels this way. I know from many of my friends that single farang women professionals in Bangkok often struggle to find a decent guy who is interested in dating them. And I have been home now for a week and I have barely seen a single farang girl who I find attractive. Everything is down to personal taste I suppose and this is just my opinion.

Some men will always find attractiveness in otherness of course. The glossy black hair, almond eyes and sweet smiles of Thai girls are certainly very appealing. But at a very basic level it must also be an issue of size. Thai and Asian girls generally are more petite in stature when compared to their farang counterparts. For example, my 18 year old niece is a pretty girl for sure. But she is by any definition overweight. And like so many English girls she dresses in such a way which accentuates her size, rather than softens it to the eye.

So many English girls dress in a manner which doesn’t suit the weather either. On the train yesterday was another chubby girl wearing very short shorts and no stockings to warm her legs. Other girls like to display the rolls of their midriff. It isn’t a pretty sight. Although deep down I sense that these girls might be trying to dress in a way which appears sexy, albeit failing. Don’t get me wrong. Not all English girls are fat. But a very large proportion seem to be from my straw sample of seven days in country.

But it isn’t just about size though surely? As hinted above, manner of dress is also important. On the front page of yesterday’s Telegraph was a photograph of a young Asian girl out shopping in London. She wasn’t exceptionally beautiful. But she was dressed in such a nice smart way, with a pretty red coat on and knee length boots that I found her quite adorable to look at. So many of the girls I see in Bangkok have a manner of dress which is both modest and attractive. Pretty print skirts which are not overly revealing, bright colours and neatly made up accessorized hair. OK, to some extent the manner of dress must be driven by the tropical weather in Thailand. But the desire for a level of modesty in dress is also important too. And for me at least, a girl who doesn’t try too hard to appear sexy is far more sexy and attractive than one who does.

What else is it about Thai girls? Is it because their manners are more riab roi? It is perhaps less common to happen across a group of Thai girls in Bangkok acting in a raucous way flinging around bawdy badinage than it would be to find English girls acting in said way in the centre of Southampton. Go to an English pub or night-spot and many of the girls will be chugging as much alcohol and smoking as many cigarettes as the men. They will in many cases also be the instigators of intimate one night encounters, the boundaries on sexual relations still being more loosely cast in the west than they are in the East (as a general rule).

Or could it be that the advance of the women’s liberation movement in Thailand and the Orient is still far behind that of the west and farang men enjoy the greater feeling of being in control in relationships with Thai and Asian girls?

As I said at the top, everyone has different tastes. Some men may like well padded women, who can drink them under the table and out smut them before carrying them to bed. But I think that a large number of men, at heart, find sweet looking, well manner girls with nice clothes and figures, quite adorable. I certainly do. And that is why for me Thai girls are far cuter than farangs.

I saw this blog entry on the Nation, posted by Ian_the_younger. Many of our members will agree with Ian's observations

http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/poomjai/2007/12/28/entry-2

So, are Thai girls cuter than farang girls?

VOTE and have your say!

Quote:Not all English girls are fat

Yeah maybe but Aussie girls are Icon_eek

RE: Are Thai girls cuter than farang girls? - lukamar - 01-02-2008 04:31 AM

Well maybe not just Thai girls. Asian woman have always had the look I like, ever since i was very young. Every race has some good looking people both men and women but Thailand has a good proportion of very beautiful women, especially in the north. I'm sure Dragonman will agree with me here, sometimes driving through Chiang Mai when the university gets out makes it hard to concentrate on the road...Icon_mrgreen

I should add that Thailand also has the best looking transsexuals on earth. My wife is always trying to catch me up on that. She'll whisper isn't she beautiful. That's my cue that She's a He and I always say her brother is much better looking. (He's flaming). She can't figure out why I can always tell. Truth is i couldn't if she didn't ask..Icon_eek

RE: Are Thai girls cuter than farang girls? - wolfmanjack - 01-03-2008 01:04 AM

Yep I will have to agree that driving when the university girls are all about is pretty difficult.

I also have to say that asians and falangs both have about the same number of good looking people born into that race. The problem is what the people do with what nature has given them. The last time i was in the USA i sat in the airport waiting for my connecting flight and watched all the people walk by. It was disgusting.

I also have to point out that it is not only the western countries though. The last time i was in malaysia i noticed sooooo many overweight girls trying to dress sexy. I spent saturday in the shopping mall and saw 2 or 3 cute girls at the most.

In Chiang Mai they are all over the place. It always makes me wonder why i see so many falang men running around with ugly girls here. Really it blows me away. I sit at the night bazaar and shake my head at the mismatches that walk by. Decent looking younger falangs walking hand in hand with ugly and/or fat Thai girls. With so many decent looking girls around I would have to say that "beauty" is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

RE: Are Thai girls cuter than farang girls? - lukamar - 01-03-2008 01:34 AM

Dragon Man Wrote:I sit at the night bazaar and shake my head at the mismatches that walk by.

ROTFLMAO - I thought I was the only one that did that. Our place was down the south end of Chiang Klang and we used to walk up often in the evening. I used to stop at Starbuks and then we would go for ice cream at Baskin and Robins the best place in the night bazaar to watch the tourists...LOL