Daily Talk Forum
Weekly Debate 41 [Should death sentences be carried out for murder] - Printable Version

+- Daily Talk Forum (http://www.dailytalkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (/forum-general-discussions)
+--- Forum: Current Affairs, News and Politics (/forum-current-affairs-news-and-politics)
+--- Thread: Weekly Debate 41 [Should death sentences be carried out for murder] (/thread-weekly-debate-41-should-death-sentences-be-carried-out-for-murder)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Weekly Debate #2 - Fisherman - 02-26-2007 07:59 AM

I'm against it, not because I consider it inhumane but because I don't think it's fair to send a murderer into oblivion where consciousness and suffering exist no longer, while families and friends are left behind still suffering and missing a loved one.

I believe in life sentences without cruelty but with total deprivation of any pleasures except for food and water.

RE: Weekly Debate #2 - KoratCat - 02-26-2007 09:47 AM

I don't believe in prevention of murders by capital punishment. So it were only a revenge. That's inhuman.

Besides a one-time murderer wouldn't hesitate to commit more murders since he pays the same "price" for it.

And then there is the irreversibility in case of innocence.

Korat Info - Korat Forum - Korat Photo Album - ......

RE: Weekly Debate #2 - forwardone - 02-26-2007 04:45 PM

But, how many times do these people get so-called `life` sentences, only to come out of prison years later to commit another murder? It happens. If life meant life then it might be a different matter, but all too often it doesn`t.

RE: Weekly Debate #2 - KoratCat - 02-27-2007 08:18 AM

forwardone Wrote:But, how many times do these people get so-called `life` sentences, only to come out of prison years later to commit another murder? It happens. If life meant life then it might be a different matter, but all too often it doesn`t.

Sentencing and execution of sentence are two different topics and should not be mixed up. Because of limitations in the penal system society cannot just sentence to death to "dispose of".

I see the execution of sectence as the more important topic; it needs a lot of restructuring, especially in regard of the punishment's function for the prevention of crimes.

Korat Info - Korat Forum - Korat Photo Album - ......