Daily Talk Forum
Weekly Debate 41 [Should death sentences be carried out for murder] - Printable Version

+- Daily Talk Forum (http://www.dailytalkforum.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (/forum-general-discussions)
+--- Forum: Current Affairs, News and Politics (/forum-current-affairs-news-and-politics)
+--- Thread: Weekly Debate 41 [Should death sentences be carried out for murder] (/thread-weekly-debate-41-should-death-sentences-be-carried-out-for-murder)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Weekly Debate 41 [Should death sentences be carried out for murder] - forwardone - 11-13-2006 11:53 PM

With the news story that Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to death it got me wondering about whether the death sentence is right to be carried out, or not.

http://talk-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1159

- forwardone - 11-14-2006 12:01 AM

I`ll kick this one off by saying that life is of course precious. For people like Hussein though I have no sympathy with him, and he deserves to forfeit his own life for what he`s done to many thousands of victims.

I also think that there are others who wilfully commit murder without regard for life, and those who live by the sword......!

- evilstartswith4 - 11-14-2006 02:17 AM

I think it should be depend on

who was murdered
why they were murdered
how did the murderer murder the person
the amount of times the murderer murdered

So basically if a 42 year old man with no kiids or family was killed by accident (still considered murder) when someone pushed him and he fell, and hit is head on a table, and the person who killed him never killed anyone before. Then they shouldn't be put to death.

- forwardone - 11-14-2006 11:39 AM

Quote:So basically if a 42 year old man with no kiids or family was killed by accident (still considered murder) when someone pushed him and he fell, and hit is head on a table, and the person who killed him never killed anyone before. Then they shouldn't be put to death.
But isn`t that really saying that because that man who was killed had no family, his life is of less value than the man who does?