Daily Talk Forum

Full Version: Rate the Tippers, Opinions Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the course of life, most people do get around to different parts of this old world. Some travel wider and some close to home.

Your opinion please as to whom you feel are big tippers , moderate tippers, and cheap charlie no tippers. Not by individual names but by nationality.

Tips or gratuties for service rendered id what I am talking about.

T1
Americans seem to be on the upper levels of tipping

Israeli's seem to be less giving in the tip department
I'd agree about Americans. Not tipping seems a no-no there, unless of course the service was bad.

I think that in many European countries too such as Spain and France it is a part of life when eating out.

I have to admit somewhat ashamedly that here in the UK many aren't good tippers, though now the minimum wage has been brought in for the past few years there is possibly less of a reason to tip.
In the past month I have experienced the following from 2 groups of Aussies that are unknown to each other and live less than 100miles apart near Brissy

one group stayed about 3 weeks and giving the staff T shirts, must have decided tipping was not necessary in Thailand.

The other group stayed a little less time, and couldn't tip enough.... so much in fact, that I had asked them to slow down....

......just goes to show ya
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's