Daily Talk Forum

Full Version: Adler: I Enjoyed Every Minute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bayer Leverkusen keeper Rene Adler confessed to thoroughly enjoying his German international debut last night as he helped Germany beat Russia in their latest World Cup qualifier.

[Image: Adler_Re.jpg]

The 23 year old was handed his debut in the German goal after Robert Enke injured his hand in training earlier in the week and he had an impressive game.
Although he looked a little nervy in the opening minutes and conceded a goal early in the second half, Adler pulled of eleven saves in total with two of them denying almost certain equalisers from Pavel Pogrebnyak as Russia put Germany under a lot of pressure in the second half.
“Now I am an international, and nobody can take that away from me” he said after the finals whistle.
“I was nervous throughout the whole game, but I enjoyed every minute. That we won was down to a determined team performance.
“I am really happy. I love games like that when everything is coming at your goal.”
Adler’s next task will be to build upon his impressive debut when Germany take on Wales on Wednesday in Mönchengladbach.

Mathew Burt
Reference URL's