Daily Talk Forum

Full Version: Demi Moore: 'Britain's Got Talent's Susan Boyle moved me to tears'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The unlikely Britain’s Got Talent sensation Susan Boyle has become such an internet hit that Hollywood star Demi Moore has been Twittering about her.

The actress’s husband Ashton Kutcher spotted the frumpy but talented unemployed Scott, posting a link to a video of her much-discussed Saturday night singing performance on his Twitter page.

“This just made my night," wrote the That Seventies Show actor.

Moore, who starred in Nineties blockbusters A Few Good Men and Ghost, responded to her husband on the mini-blog site, saying, “You saw it made me teary!"

Boyle won over a cynical audience in the first episode of the new Britain’s Got Talent series on the weekend and her performance quickly became a YouTube hit.

The 48-year-old was initially greeted with scornful looks after confessing she had never been kissed and struggling for words when she appeared on stage. But her rendition of I Dreamed A Dream from the musical Les Miserables, brought the crowd to their feet.

Show judge and music mogul Simon Cowell is now reportedly organising a record deal for her, while bookmakers say she is the favourite to win the ITV talent show.

Boyle's sudden trajectory mirrors that of previous Britain's Got Talent winner Paul Potts. The plain Welsh mobile phone salesman wowed audiences with his classical singing and is due to release his second album this year.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/t...097705.ece
I downloaded both the Susan Boyle and Paul Potts Youtube clips.....

I must admit, things like this , the little man doing good, get me a little misty eyed....

There was some talk in the past few days that stated that it was believed that the 3 judges were not as awestruck as they could have been, and they wer not totally suprised as they had been exposed to both these fine singers before the acutal televised performance.

The fact that they [the judges] would go in completely cold, does not quite ring true, which is what they seem to want us to believe.

Any how I wish them both all the best that the world and their talents can provide
You`re probably right. Nothing would surprise me. They can do all sorts of things now, and we just get to see the edited bits.
Oh, I was just shown Sha......'s performance (forget his name, young kid, recent performance) ...

No way would they have him perform that first song if they had the second one up their sleeves - unless it was staged...
Reference URL's