Daily Talk Forum

Full Version: The Big Dental Thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What could be more helpful, along the lines of teeth and dental solutions, than a thread for members to relate their experiences towards finding a dentist. Normally a yuck, if directed by others that have had a good experience, with a certain standard of dental expectation, what tends to be cheaper by far here with a propensity towards an individual DDS's fastidiousness or excellence could be a real find when in need.

I broke a tooth last trip, and running to Bumrungrad like I did, turned out to be a real nerve saver. BTW, when eating cracked crab, be careful. They were kind enough to fit me in and solved my open nerve problem quickly and rather inexpensively, and that's what I love about Bumrungrad. It's a home away from home for the expat that does a lot of high risk activities. With teeth, they were able to patch me up with a temporary before I came back home and to my normal dentist. I'm a dentalophobic and as permanent as teeth repair is, or is supposed to be, I look for accountability in a dentist as well, someone that will fix their work later if not up to "standards."

Now, just having arrived in Thai, losing a crown on the 17 hour plane flight here, I have to find a regular dentist that can royal a crown, the way I'd *expect* would be done at home. I'll go back to Bumrungrad if there are no great suggestions, but that seems more like a good option than a perfect fit. When I get work done, I'd like a little more personalized service than just take a number and umpteen strangers a day with little repeat business...

Hoping this helps others as well, bad experiences are important to note as well. Accountability is a two way street, and busy at that, with lots of traffic.
I don`t know about Thailand, but here in the UK it`s getting increasingly difficult to find a dentist who`ll do work under the National Health. Even then, many people have to pay for treatment, but only part of it.

Many dentists prefer to go `private` thus making more than they would under the more regulated National Health Service.
Reference URL's