Daily Talk Forum

Full Version: Queen Of The Night With Fruits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Article removed by author.

It can be read there:

http://korat.info/green.php/queen-of-the-night-with
Quote:Then the first surprise: three years ago, at the age of 12 it started showing flowers. Just a few at first. But the rain always made them fall off soon.

Amazing that it took so long to start showing flowers. Very nice images, thanks for sharing them. :smile:
That really is amazing, KoratCat. It obviously likes the hot, possibly arrid desert conditions of Arizona, though I`m not sure how where you live compares to that.

I guess it just goes to show that spending tender loving care on some plants isn`t always necessary for them to thrive. Your cactus looks pretty big.

BTW, welcome to the forum. :wink:
admin Wrote:That really is amazing, KoratCat. It obviously likes the hot, possibly arrid desert conditions of Arizona, though I`m not sure how where you live compares to that.

I guess it just goes to show that spending tender loving care on some plants isn`t always necessary for them to thrive. Your cactus looks pretty big.

BTW, welcome to the forum. :wink:

Thanks for the welcome!

The climate in Northeastern Thailand, especially on the Korat Plateau, is considered to be arid indeed. But we don't have desserts like Arizona; it's mostly rice land. The problem with my cactus is that it has flowers during the rainy season (April to September). But the rain on the other hand kills the flowers.

Size of my cactus is about 3.5 m high. When it has fruits they tend to grow up high. With needles about 5 cm long it's not only a problem to get up to where the fruits hang but especially to pick them without getting hurt by the needles.

As to TLC I don't know what this cactus needs; I would give to it since I know how delicious its fruits and how beautiful its flowers are. But everybody who comes here is just stunned about that cactus, even my thai neighbours. Nobody of them ever thought of taking care of a cactus like that. There are other nightblooming cacti they grow for fruits around here, but their flowers are not near as beautiful.

Korat Info - Korat Forum - Korat Photo Album - ......
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's