Daily Talk Forum

Full Version: Well-educated Bangkokians deceived: Thaksin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well-educated Bangkokians deceived: Thaksin

Caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has said that the well-educated people in Bangkok had been "deceived by bad people" to be against him.

Thaksin was speaking to villages in Mahasarakham when he visited the northeastern province on Tuesday.

"The problem of Thai society is that it's easy for people to be deceived and it's easy for them to believe rumours," Thaksin said.

"Let alone normal villagers, those who have education were also deceived. I regret their waste of time for studying.

"These people are ready to believe anyone who deceive them. But if you, villagers, have enough information, you can't be deceived.

"Most Bangkokians were deceived. Worse still, they were deceived by bad people," Thaksin said.

A day after attacking Bangkokians, Thaksin told some 3,000 people in Roi Et on Wednesday that he may seek another term as prime minister.

Thaksin told the crowd that the calls by villagers for him to fight on made it hard for him to make decision to retreat.

He said he was pondering whether to leave politics because he had become tired working for the country for six years but was still disliked by the media and a group of people, who lost their vested interest.

"But now I met people who told me to fight on. I met people who gave me moral support and pin their hope on me," Thaksin said.

"I am standing at the crossroads. I would like to devote myself to the country but a group of people may not be happy. They don't want me to become the prime minister because they will lose interest and political recognition."

The Nation
admin Wrote:Well-educated Bangkokians deceived: Thaksin

Caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has said that the well-educated people in Bangkok had been "deceived by bad people" to be against him.

Thaksin was speaking to villages in Mahasarakham when he visited the northeastern province on Tuesday.

"The problem of Thai society is that it's easy for people to be deceived and it's easy for them to believe rumours," Thaksin said.

"Let alone normal villagers, those who have education were also deceived. I regret their waste of time for studying.

"These people are ready to believe anyone who deceive them. But if you, villagers, have enough information, you can't be deceived.

"Most Bangkokians were deceived. Worse still, they were deceived by bad people," Thaksin said.

A day after attacking Bangkokians, Thaksin told some 3,000 people in Roi Et on Wednesday that he may seek another term as prime minister.

Thaksin told the crowd that the calls by villagers for him to fight on made it hard for him to make decision to retreat.

He said he was pondering whether to leave politics because he had become tired working for the country for six years but was still disliked by the media and a group of people, who lost their vested interest.

"But now I met people who told me to fight on. I met people who gave me moral support and pin their hope on me," Thaksin said.

"I am standing at the crossroads. I would like to devote myself to the country but a group of people may not be happy. They don't want me to become the prime minister because they will lose interest and political recognition."

The Nation

Wow? I would be really interested to see what the average Thai thinks about him running for office again. More so after his audience with the King where he was obviously told to step down and let the country heal. This story sure needs to be watched closely
Yeah it was a silly thing for Taksin to say esp. leading up to new elections. However he and TRT have a lot of support in rural areas which will probably get them across the line in the next election
I am always shocked how the average middle class Thai just sort of accepts whatever he does... that whole deal with stock exchange and the profits from basically selling off a national assest would have finished him in most other places.. the Thai's are a very forgiving people and I guess many of them of look over his long term record and feel all in all he's done well for them.
Reference URL's