Daily Talk Forum

Full Version: Are you a dog or cat person?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This doesn't mean you have to actually HAVE one or the other. I'm just wondering which you prefer. Icon_wink
I like both but Im more a dog person even if I have never had one.
Quote:"The only important binary classification to be made for all of mankind is this one: Is she/he a cat person or a dog person?" This article goes on to say: "The attendant characteristics of each type are well-known, well-documented and well-satirized by comedians and comic-strip writers. It's not necessary to belabor the canine traits admired by the dog person -- loyal, direct, kind, faithful, utilitarian, helpful, team playerish, etc. -- and the feline traits admired by the cat person -- graceful, subtle, independent, intelligent, thoughtful, mysterious, etc. Ask someone whether they're a cat person or a dog person and you know everything you need to know about that person. (The dog person won't lie, and the cat person is too proud to lie about that.)"

Deborah Russell gets in on the debate with her Cats vs. Dogs page (complete with cat pictures). This intrinsic difference is further explained by Vanessa Meachen: "CAT PEOPLE are introverted, self-conscious, secretive, sensitive. They tend to be interested in quieter pursuits like reading, watching movies and videos, music, etc. They are homebodies, or like to go to quiet places. They like their creature comforts and although they expect people to notice them, they tend not to boast, preferring to draw attention to themselves in less direct ways. They tend to have a small circle of close friends rather than a larger group. DOG PEOPLE are extroverted, eager, unembarrassed, open. They tend to be interested in sport, adventuring, exploring and outdoor pursuits, and like to go out a lot. They tease and pick on each other in a friendly way, and like talking and boasting about their accomplishments. They have a large circle of friends and acquaintances and they make friends easily."

Source:
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/purebred_dogs/15590

I am a cat person but I love dogs too. I always pet the neighborhood's dogs and cats Icon_razz
When I was a kid I was attacked by a dog when feeding it. The dog jumped up and bit me around the eye, I had to have a number of stitches Icon_neutral I use to like cats until my dad ran over my pet cat Tomasina in the drive way Icon_sad Now I am ok with dogs

[attachment=93]

This is my pet dog Rusty
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's