Daily Talk Forum

Full Version: Which bank do you use in Thailand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which bank do you use in Thailand. Which bank provides the best services for Falaungs?

When I first came to Thailand I used Bangkok Bank and soon realised although being the most popular bank in Thailand their customer service was very poor. I soon changed to Siam Commercial Bank and have used them ever since. There service standards are very good plus their Internet Banking is great
SCB is ok as long as you don't run into problems with their ATMs. They are very slow to non-solving then. Had my negative experiences there as well. Worst experiences of all I had with Kasikorn Bank (former Thai-Farmers Bank). It is difficult to blame problems on a bank's name in general; it depends upon employees and supervisors. Generally committed and helpful I found the employees of United Overseas Bank (former Bank of Asia).

As to Bangkok Bank I had problems and advantages, so I still keep an account there. One advantage is that I can transfer money from Germany to here at very low cost because they have a branch there. So I don't have to pay high fees for international transfers. But this only works fully to my favour when I get a payment in Thai Baht from Germany. Otherwise the exchange rate is bad.

But Europeans don't really need to have a bank account in Thailand. I can use my ATM card from my german bank at just about every ATM in Thailand. The fees are very low at just 1 % of the withdrawn amount. The exchange rates are excellent (e.g. last Friday 1 Euro = 48.38 Baht compared to 47.62 at a transfer where they charge transfer fees in addition). I only need a bank account here to get a bank certificate for the immigration.
Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial.
I have been using Kbank for my business and personal accounts for about a year now and so far very very happy with the branch I use (across the street from pantip plaza)

Although it sure does take some getting used to in dealing with Thai banks vs. the banks here in Canada...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's