Daily Talk Forum

Full Version: Paradorn in no hurry to get back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Paradorn in no hurry to get back

[TENNIS] Recovering tennis star Paradorn Srichaphan is in no rush to return to action as he wants his injured wrist to heal fully before he picks up the racquet again.

Tendonitis in the right wrist has kept the former world No 9 on the sidelines for about a month and will slow down his comeback for at least a few more months.

But the five-time ATP Tour winner learnt a valuable lesson from his defeats in the first round of the Sydney International and in the Australian Open last month.

"I need to be assured of being completely cured before I play again,'' said the 53rd-ranked Paradorn. "I was hasty in the past, going to tournaments carrying injuries. I just couldn't play."

The Thai sustained the injury last year but stubbornly made the trip to Doha, Chennai, Sydney and Melburne.

"My condition is getting better but a complete recovery is a long way off. I don't know how long it will take but I won't rush it,'' said Paradorn, whose next tournament will be the Masters Series in Indian Wells, due on March 5, where he surprisingly reached the semi-finals last year.

"I might go to Indian Wells but only if my wrist is better. If not, I will have to stay in Bangkok and change my programme," he said.

Tamarine tumbles

Seventh-seeded Tamarine Tanasugarn was sent packing by Russian teenager Yaroslava Shvedova 6-4 3-6 6-4 in the second round of the US$175,000 WTA Sony Ericsson International Open in Bangalore, India, on Wednesday's night.

Her next stop is Dubai, where she is entering the qualifying competition of the WTA tier 2 event which starts on Saturday.

Lerpong Amsa-ngiam

The Nation
People said Natalie Glebova is the reason made Paradorn Srichaphan decline !! They will engage in Bangkok on 28/11/2007 !!
But Thailand has many talented tennis stars , besides Paradorn , you have Danai Udomchoke , I saw his final match in ASIAD 2006 , very well and with a little bit of luck :-)
Waiting for the impressive return of Paradorn Srichaphan !
PS : I am shy ( Just a little Wink ) I , i.. er ... also sent Fahrung Yutitham - Miss Thailand Universe 2007 an instant message to ask her some things about her Rajamankala University and ... make friend ! But I have had no reply yet ! Hope she is not a haughty girl Wink
Reference URL's