Daily Talk Forum

Full Version: Info Links Intergration on DTF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: infolinks.jpg]

You may have noticed that we have added a text advertising service to DTF

These links are part of a pay per click advertising program called Info Links which is an in text advertising service which takes text and create links within it. If you hover with your mouse over these double underlined links, you will see a small dialog box containing an advertisement related to the text marked. You can choose to either move the mouse away and go on with your browsing or to press on the box and go to the ad page which is relevant to the text
Ive added a poll to gauge members feedback. Please take a minute to vote

What do you think of InfoLinks?
Where is a text in this forum featuring any of those links? I've seen them on other sites before and wasn't thrilled. They distract too much from the page. It's obtrusive!

I doubt unconventional methods of advertising will get businesses out of the economic slump. Just look how Google Adsense has dried up on blogs and forums! Every day there are more trying to get a share of the market that has rather shrunk than grown.
I'm with KoratCat - anytime I see these on a website, I go out of my way to not hover over them. They almost never have anything to do with the subject at hand OR the words that have been selected... very annoying.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's